Thursday, March 25, 2010

Copper

This morning went very well. Copper came in the house wet. We worked on wiping his feet. I played with him. And was able to hold him so he could not bite and lightly wiped one paw then played. Trying to not let him think if he growls and snaps that I will quit but making it as much of a game as I can so as not to stress him.

He is very mouthy in his play, never learned to not mouth. We have started to work on that by holding his jaw momentarily each time he mouths our hands.
Play session this morning went well with that. He stared mouthing and it increased a bit at first(trying to figure out if this will happen every time) then all of a sudden he quit and just rolled and wringled and let me "rough him up" without any mouthing.
He got a bit of freedom this morning with just Edan in the room with him. So he got bored with what was on the floor and started to shop, I went and got him a stuffed toy that he could tear up and let him have that. After he had that a while I got a fleece tug and traded for the dead stuffed toy. He also has a favorite ball he played with, Edan was next to him a few times and no growling.

Each time I put him in the kennel so far no growling. I worked on going in the kennel then would reward out of the kennel, then in the kennel, close the door, and reward with door closed.

He went out and played with Edan for awhile while I got some things done. So nice for him and I that he likes to got outside in the fenced in yard and just hang. Really helps the stress level for both of us.
I had worked on give me paw earlier, and again when he came in, he caught onto that game, so started to put a towel in my hand. was able to wipe one paw with no growling.
He is learning, and starting to gain some freedom back.

No comments: